NSFA Update: 27th March

NSFA Update: 27th March

The COVID-19 update received from the NSFA on 17th March 2020:

Dear NSFA Members,

The NSFA Board met last night to respond to the COVID-19 crisis.

We acknowledge the ‘Play Football registrations alert on COVID19’ distributed by FFA yesterday, however the Board has unanimously decided, in line with other community sporting groups on the North Shore, to postpone all football activities, including training until Friday 1st May, 2020, with immediate effect.

This postponement includes Easter, Anzac and school holiday periods.

The decision will allow for six weeks of planning to deliver a modified season, which at this stage will commence at the beginning of May.

The Board will monitor the evolving situation and meet at least weekly, to consider the implications.

A Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) guide will be published in the coming days.


Edward Ferguson

What does this mean?

All football activities are to be postponed until further notice. This includes:

Preseason trial matches
NSFA Competition matches
FFA Cup & State Cup involvement
NSFA club training
Football events or gatherings (team meetings etc..)
NSFA football programs, including XLR8 Player Development Programs
NSFA Coach Education courses and workshops

More information

A copy of the FFA Circular 20-05, which provides an update on the latest developments with COVID-19 including guidelines for all football participants, is available from the FFA website.